Laura! (so, maybe, I don't exist?)
Last time I attended the NESCBWI, I went with my writing partner Robert, who sadly now lives very far away in the beautiful land of
I also saw Nandini, and Martha, two writers who live in my town. Woo-Hoo, Natick Writers Unite!
So, my favorite parts of the conference?
- Believe it or not, my meeting with Sarah Davies. Evidently I have officially processed her feedback, and come out the other side. Go me! Go her! Go constructive criticism!
- When Cynthia Leitich Smith told us to write in all genres, to reinvent ourselves as writers again and again, and that one of her books had 62 DRAFTS!!! Woo-hoo!
- When Stacy DeKeyser told us to expose ourselves (to stand naked), to be fearless, in order to find our writing voice.
- Seeing how passionate Sarah Davies, Edward Necarsulmer, and Ammi-Joan Paquette were at the agent panel. They really go the extra mile for their writers! (Anna, you are one lucky, talented duck!)
- Meeting so many wonderful writers.
I didn't write about NESCBWI until after our WIBIJ game ended today. Because WIBIJ visited all of these awesome New England writers' blogs. I didn't want to give anything away. The game was a blast, btw, I hope you join us sometime!
I'm still nervously watching Goldie #2. I have not killed it yet.
Things got a little WILD in The Practice Room today, when I got all competitive. Kate awesomely rose to the
Tomorrow, for the sake of continuity, New Englander Kris will grace me with her presence, here at my Friday Feature. Come by and leave her an awesome question about her journey toward publication!!
Tahereh has an awesomely creative contest happening at her blog right now! Go ahead, check it out!
So, what's going on in your neck of the writing world--virtual or otherwise? How's everyone today?