|Think you have the best recipe for an actual sundae? Enter here!|
1. Start with a great dish = you, the author
2. Add a couple of scoops of cookies 'n cream ice cream = your awesome novel
(although my hubby would probably recommend starting with a scoop of hot fudge, then the ice cream)
3. Throw on a generous dollop of hot fudge sauce, heated to just the right temperature = the right agent
4. Add a scoop of fresh whipped cream = the book deal
5. Sprinkle on some crushed snickers candy = your book selling in actual book stores
6. Place a cherry on top = whatever extra you dream of--movie deal, etc.
The spoon = all the writing friends and supports who have helped you along the way.
Two of our Friday Feature interviewees just added HOT FUDGE to their writing sundaes:
Carolina Valdez Miller signed with Vickie Motter of Andrea Hurst Literary Management. Carol blogs about it here!! Read her Friday Feature interview here. Carol--I am sooooo excited for you!! On to the whipped cream!
AND Kristine C. Asselin signed with (what are the chances?!) Vickie Motter of Andrea Hurst Literary Management. Vickie must be one lucky gal to scoop up both of these talented writers!! Kris blogs about getting her agent here. Read Kris' Friday Feature interview here. And she is nice enough to post the evolution of her query letter. Yay, Kris--I'm absolutely thrilled for you!! Pretty soon you'll be adding that cherry on top!
So, make sure to stop by these fabulous writers' blogs, and say congrats!!
How do you build your sundae??