So, here's how the points system is going to work.
In today's comment section tell me:
1. What Jersey you are competing for. If you wear this jersey on August 10th, you will win one of the awesome prizes.
- Green Jersey--drafters. Count up all your new words.
- Polka-dot Jersey: King of the Mountain-- revisers. Use total words of passages revised. If you completely revise a chapter of 3,000 words, then you have 3,000 points in that category.
- Yellow Jersey: Overall front writer: If you have combined drafting and revising last week, then put your word counts in this category.
- White Jersey: Tell me if you consider yourself a novice writer, and your points could qualify you for the White Jersey. (But make sure to tell me what category your words are going towards, drafting, revising, or a mixture.)
- Bonus--you can add 500 bonus points for every Practice Room session that you attended last week.
2. Add up all your words since last Monday, the 6th. Okay, for example: If you wrote a chapter of 3,111 words, and then revised it, you would say, "Yellow Jersey--6,222 words. And I'm writing my second novel, so I could qualify for the white jersey as well." Easy, peasy, right??
3. If you can't figure out my convoluted system, then just tell me exactly what you did, and I'll try to figure it out. Or you can email me. hegkelly (at) gmail.com
4. Tell me what your goals are for the week, and for the remainder of the contest. Check in, let me know how things are going.
So here's my breakdown of the week:
I am going after the Polka-dot, King of the Mountain Jersey--I'm revising. I've revised 6,377 words--a slow start. I've probably revised more (I'm working on the first 10,000) but those last 4,000 aren't where I want them yet. I've also bounced around to the end and made some changes, but those revisions aren't done either. Bonus--I attended three practice room sessions last week, so that's an extra 1,500 points. My total for last week is 7,877. Can any of you revisers beat me?
I'm excited at some of the changes and ideas for making the end work out better--very excited.
This week, I'm going to continue to work on the first fifth of the book, and maybe push forward toward the halfway revision point, if I can. I'll continue to work on revising the end, since I'm excited about that part, and it's great to strike while the iron is hot.
So--leave your point totals and goals in the comments, and Wednesday, I will post standings, and unveil the surprise prize. And, please let others know that they can join in the contest whenever they like! Newcomers welcome!