|Write with Heart.|
One that involves:
1. Putting words to page. (You know, that essential business of butt-in-chair writing.)
2. Involving your friends and loved ones in the process. (Sometimes a challenge.)
3. Doing something good for child in need. (Because this matters.)
4. Being part of a community. (We are a stronger community when we care.)
And, even though this event is tailored for writers, you don't have to be a writer to participate. You just have to be able to write.
That's all good, right?
Watch this, from author Natalie Bahm:
Can't view the trailer? Here's a link.
Natalie has, amazingly, decided to donate all profits of her middle grade book, THE SECRET UNDERGROUND to Jayden and his family. To help out with at least one of the monumental burdens of caring for an ill child. Read her explanation here.
I feel completely blessed to have healthy children. I feel the need to pass that blessing along, in any way I can.
Check out Jayden's story here.
Let's rally around Jayden, Jayden's family, and Natalie as her book is released. This is how we'll do it:
1. Pledge to write during the write-a-thon on September 28th, the release day for THE SECRET UNDERGROUND. (If you can't do it that day, rather than forego the event, you may do it during a 24 hour time span which suits you.)
2. Sign up on the linky list on the bottom of this post.
3. Open the attachment that I email to you. This is your pledge sheet. Print it out. In the next two weeks, have friends, family and fellow writers pledge amounts for each word you write, pledge to buy a book, or pledge to donate whatever they would like.
4. On September 28th, open up a blank document, and put words to paper. Visit and cheer on other writers doing the Write with Heart event. Write whatever you want. It can be a letter, a poem, a novel. Anyone can do this. :) It'll be a community writing day!
5. Send an e-mail to your sponsors after the event, letting them know how much you wrote, and reminding them to use the donate link on Jayden's blog to send in their donations.
Easy as pie, right? Together, we can make a real difference in this family's life.
Want to help out by buying Natalie's book? Go here.
Sign up, spread the word, and grab some sponsors.
I might just drum up some prizes for most words that day! E-mail me if you would like to donate prizes, or if you have any questions at all. :) hegkelly (at) gmail (dot) com.
Click through the link below to enter, so I can e-mail you a pledge sheet, and so others can find your blog and spur you on during the write-a-thon!